iSchedule allows you to schedule it and forget it! While iUpdate Cloud or iImport Cloud does the heavy lifting, iSchedule frees you of the administrative burden to run it yourself. Set it to run off hours after your users are logged off. Set it to run daily. Set it to run monthly. You can even set it to run hourly.
Think of your stored procedures that are scheduled.... iSchedule, combined with iUpdate Cloud, can replace these Stored Procedures!
- Think about the use cases for iImport Cloud or iUpdate Cloud. Wouldn't it be cool to schedule them not worry about running them on a monthly basis?
To Get to iSchedule...
You must first open up the iMIS Data Management Suite from your CSI Cloud Dashboard.
To sign in, enter your iMIS username, iMIS password, and your Cloud ID which you received from CSI or from your IT or Network Admin, then click the blue Log In button.
You should see an "iDMS" heading in the left navigation. Click the iSchedule app link in the left navigation depending on what you want to do.
If it is hidden, click on the CSI icon in the upper left corner. This menu can be pinned or unpinned for your preference.
Schedule As Task
Once you have either uploaded a spreadsheet using iImport or selected an IQA using iUpdate, you should be at the Mapping step now.
Once you have mapped your sources to your IQA or Spreadsheet, you can then Schedule As Task.
- Create a name for your scheduled task.
- Describe your task to your liking.
- You can automatically disable the job if it fails a certain number of times.
- The Crontab Schedule (UTC) will allow you to schedule a recurring or a one time task.
- Disable / Enable your scheduled task
- Click on the Schedule Builder button on the right. This will pop up a dialog box like the one below.
- Click on Recurring to schedule a task that you want to run on a scheduled basis over and over
- Click on One-Time to schedule a task that you want to run one time only.
- Remember these times are in UTC time, so if you don't know what that is...UTC.
- Once you have your schedule set, click SAVE
You should see your task in the Task List. From here, you can viewthe listing.
You also have the ability to sort on the column headers. Sort by Name. Last Run, Next Run, etc.
You can also edit the task, edit the mappings, delete the task, or run the task now.